What we expect with Poetry submissions:
- Limit of 4 poems per submission, totaling no more than 7 pages. If a single poem is 7 pages long, submit it standalone.
- All forms of poetry are accepted, though we will only skim most shaped and formatted poetry.
- We do, however, encourage and enjoy poetry with meter or form, any contemporary poetry, and poetry which breaks the rules in unusual and controlled ways - new ways to express old ideas, new ideas expressed with different language forms, passionate and masterful.
- Tipped submissions are your way of helping support Transcend - during FREE submission periods, tipped submissions are optional. This does not guarantee acceptance.
- General Feedback - The editors of Transcend will provide some general, actionable feedback regarding your submission(s). If selected for publication, the $5 fee will be refunded. This does not guarantee acceptance.
- Full Critique - The editors of Transcend will provide a full critique of 250-500 words minimum on your submission(s).
Note that these options can be combined, except for the General Feedback and Full Critique options. If you select both of those, you will be refunded $5 and we will give you a Full Critique.
The general response time from submission is approximately four (4) months. For legal stipulations, please refer to our website and the submission guidelines located at https://transcendlit.com/submissions. All submissions selected for publication will be expected to sign a contract, available on the aforementioned webpage.